[U-Boot-Users] uboot for TI DSP c6000

paul burrell paul at burrellhome.com
Fri Sep 8 00:46:22 CEST 2006

Frank,
What am I missing here?   Sounds like you have some experience, so could you
answer a couple of questions.

First I should clarify a couple of things just in case I did not communicate
them correctly.

The target is a TI TMS320C6204.  It is a DSP from TI using a C64 core.   It
is not one of the OMAPs with an embedded ARM.   The normal GCC compiler set
does not appear to support the C6000 process, but I just found some
documentation indicating that might not be true.

1.  So I went to the ELDK page (DENX).   According to the page, it only
supports PowerPC.  I am going to download it and check, but that is all I
see.  I did see that they have ARM, PPC, and MIPS directories, so it might
be more than PPC.
2.  So lets say it does support it, what toolchain should I be looking at?
Version numbers would be nice.

In the end, embedded linix is going to be more than what I need.   I am just
trying to have a simple bootloader with the ability to edit memory, test
functions, program flash, and load over a serial port.  I don't even need
networking capability.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Paul