[U-Boot-Users] ethernet over usb

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 12 18:17:52 CEST 2006

In message <20060912132058.GB31470 at gundam.enneenne.com> you wrote:

> Great! But let me understand, you added CDC into g_serial or what? I'm
> a bit confused... Did you transfer the file through something similar
> to a serial line or similar to an ethernet?

Right. U-Boot represents to the outside world as a serial adapter.

> As first step this is my target. However I need RNDIS also. Do you
> think adding it could be "easy" at this point of developing?

Easy? You must be joking.

To be honest: I think you make a fundamental mistake - U-Boot is  not
an  general  purpose  OS,  it is a boot loader. For requirements like
yours it is usually *much*  easier  and  faster  (both  in  terms  of
development  and  reachable  performance)  to boot a small, dedicated
Linux kernelk and use a real OS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Save energy:  Drive a smaller shell.