[U-Boot-Users] New and updated patches sent to U-Boot maintainer

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 12 18:32:14 CEST 2006

In message <OFCE005969.BE960B45-ON072571E7.00554DFF-072571E7.00555703 at mck.us.ray.com> you wrote:

> It's not that I was expecting you to do the work - it's that I had not
> expected
> U-Boot to have "evolved" so much since the last time I updated my local
> tree.

That must have been several weeks ago.

> I just need to figure out how to use cogito/git more effectively.

Just run "cg-update".

> > Please see the "Coding Standards" section in the README.
>
> I have seen them and will adhere to them.  Here are the indent switches I
> Perhaps we could all agree on a the correct indent options to use so that
> all
> submissions conform to the standard?

They are clearly documented in the README: Lindent -pcs

> > > BTW, Some of this code is already in U-Boot
> > Is this the only change, i. e. no improvement in the quality of the
> > code?
>
> So far, yes, although I guess I'm going to have to start improving it :)

IIRC your patch only added new files, without removing  any  existing
ones.  BUt  when you added the same code in a different location, you
should have removed the now obsolete files. Did I miss something?

> OK.  How about my other patches?  I have about 11 submitted.

They are sitting happily (I hope) in my queue.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Speed of a tortoise breaking the sound barrier         = 1 Machturtle