[U-Boot-Users] PPC Discontiguous Memory Space

Jeffery Bahr jbahr at set-software-services.com
Sat Sep 16 01:03:35 CEST 2006

Danke, Wolfgang.  They do, however, pay the bills, and I'd like to have more
support for my argument.

It *looks* like it will be some work in U-Boot (changing the bd_table) and
the kernel init routines to support discontiguous memory.  Am I right?

The second problem is that the bottom 2GB of memory would be in the 4GB-6GB
real space.  We only have 32-bit PCI, but the client is convinced that ATMU
registers would solve the mapping problem.  That's not the way I read it ...
I think every driver would have to look at the ATMU register to figure out
the reverse-mapping.

A million thanks for your quick response.  We've done 40 or 50 product board
bringups with RedBoot, CFE, and commercial BIOSes.  We really like U-Boot
and hope to use it again on future PPC and ARM projects.

Regards,