[U-Boot-Users] support usb storage in u-boot for at91rm9200

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Tue Sep 19 08:08:57 CEST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Cavallini" <arm.linux at koansoftware.com>
To: "kiennd" <kiennd at gmail.com>
Cc: <u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [U-Boot-Users] support usb storage in u-boot for at91rm9200

>> Your problem is that U-boot is linked to the wrong address (0).
>> Instead it should be linked to the position, where you intend to run
>> u-boot (in SDRAM)
>> I know Wolfgang Denx diesnt like the idea of running U.boot from RAM,
>> but you cannot run from an SPI flash, have to copy to RAM first,
>> and the SDRAM on AT91RM9200 is located at 0x20000000 and above.
>>
>> The prinout you see, is not from U.boot.
>> It looks like a customized version of "dataflashboot.bin"
>> It "bombs" after dataflashboot.bin has loaded u-boot into SDRAM
>> and jumped to it starting point.
>>
>> Since it is in the wrong locatgion, all the constant string pointers are
>> off, and really only points at '\0' characters, so any attempt to
>> printout data will fail.
>>

> If you are using Dataflash to store u-boot,
> you can read this as well.
> http://www.koansoftware.com/it/art.php?art=90
> HTH
>
> --

The Atmel web site is unfortunately a little dated.
The ftp://at91dist:distrib@ftp.atmel.fr/ has more updated dataflashboot in the Third Party Section

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT89 C51 Applications Group: mailto:micro.hotline at nto.atmel.com
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
FPSLIC Application Group: mailto:fpslic at atmel.com