[U-Boot-Users] New NAND subsystem and JFFS2 images

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Fri Sep 22 14:49:17 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 01:07:07PM +0200, Guido Classen wrote:
> But I can't successfully write a JFFS2 image to the NAND for later usage as
> Linux root filesystem. The JFFS2 related commands "nand erase clean", "nand
> read.jffs2" and "nand write.jffs2" seems to be not implemented in the master
> and the testing-NAND trees and neither I have found a patch fixing this on the
> list.
>
> Is there an other way to achieve the same effect? Or is there somewhere an
> existing patch, I haven't found yet?

Dear Guido,

as far as I know, such patch doesn't exist yet. I have few other patches
pending and to be honest my motivation is very low now, given that:
1) Noone commented them so far.
2) Even people who complained in past that something doesn't work remain
   silent when there is a need for testers.
3) I do not need this functionality (however this will change in few weeks)
4) I'd have to learn maintaining incremental patch series ;-)

As always, either implement it yourself or wait for someone else to do
it.

Best regards,
	ladis