[U-Boot-Users] U-boot AMCC yosemite board 440EP

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Sep 29 20:09:15 CEST 2006

Hi Tobias,

On Friday 29 September 2006 10:44, Föll, Tobias wrote:
> i have a hardware which is very near to the yosemite board called JC-670.
> The yosemite board has 4 DDR chips and my hardware has only two chips
> (2*Micron 64V16M16 has 256Mbit...), because i need only
> 256MBit*2Chips=512MBit=64Mbyte.

It's not only a matter of the amount of chips, but also of the density, the
speed, etc...

The yoesmite has a fixed initialization for it's DDR setup. It will only work
on a board with the same DDR setup, which you _don't_ have!

<snip>

> I can try this several times the difference is that sometimes i got the
> DRAM size(like first output) and somtimes not (like second output). Thats
> all. Must i change the u-boot code if i only use two DDR Chips ?

Yes!!!

> On the moment i can not generate a new u-boot bin , because it will not
> work with cygwin under windows.I tried it. And i'am not a linux expert,
> because of this i can not do this work under linux on the moment.

Sorry, but without changing the code and rebuilding an image you have no
chance. Of course you also could hire an expert (hint!) to do this. ;-)

Best regards,
Stefan