[U-Boot-Users] configure to run a xipImage

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 3 14:56:51 CEST 2007

In message <MLEGLOMOGFHHOOFGOCHAGEBADAAA.tde02003 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I would like to run a xipImage. I'm sure I have to tell u-boot that this is the case, but how?
> For the moment I have an xipImage that prints "Magic Bad Number" when I try to start it.

This is on PowerPC, I assume?

An XIP image has the  following  properties:  it  is  not  compressed
(IH_COMP_NONE),  and  load  address  is  the current start address in
memory (ntohl(hdr->ih_load) == addr); see "common/cmd_bootm.c"  lines
320ff.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You Don't Have To Be 'Damned' To Work Here, But It Helps!!!
                                             - Terry Pratchett, _Eric_