[U-Boot-Users] dtb in env sector - was: (Try 2) Please pull ...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 3 14:59:00 CEST 2007

In message <1175600261.12080.24.camel at gentoo-jocke.transmode.se> you wrote:

> I think to start with one would just need an install dtb command that
> places the dtb at the end of the env. sector to allow either one
> to grow without trashing eachother. Also rendundant env needs to be

Umm... The environment will not grow beyond it's defined  size.  Then
just use "cp" to copy the dtb to the next free address.

> Secondly one needs someway of telling bootm where to find the dtb.

You pass the address as an argument...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS: The Entire Physical Universe,  Inclu-
ding  This Product, May One Day Collapse Back into an Infinitesimally
Small Space. Should  Another  Universe  Subsequently  Re-emerge,  the
Existence of This Product in That Universe Cannot Be Guaranteed.