[U-Boot-Users] PATCH add SMN42 board from Siemens

Gary Jennejohn garyj at jennejohn.org
Tue Apr 3 19:16:58 CEST 2007

"Peter Pearse" writes:

> [...]

Actually, I originally had the driver installed as cpu/arm720t/lpc2292/ \
enc28j60.c with an entry in .../lpc2922/Makefile. Then I though better of
it and concluded that it wasn't really CPU-specific and moved it back to
the board-specific directories.

There's already a CONFIG_ENC28J60 in the driver and the config files, so
basically I've already done 50% of what you suggest. I didn't realize
that having the define in these files would make the driver suitable to
be placed under drivers.

But I question whether it's really worth my doing all the work involved
with this change (make the change, test that u-boot still compiles and
works and then re-roll the patch) to save a few kB in the tree.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde