[U-Boot-Users] Warning for mpc8360emds users: fdt-cmd from u-boot-fdt.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 5 00:46:43 CEST 2007

In message <4613CF9F.4040501 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> I view autogenerating fdt entries inside "bootm" as being evil.
> Obviously, if there are enough people on the Dark Side to overwhelm me,
> that can be changed.

"bootm" is intended to boot an  image  located  somewhere  in  system
memory.  It  will  pass arguments like the booargs and the FDT to the
kernel. It evaluates bootargs and substitured env vars for this. It
might not be insane to expect that it also does reasonable things to
the FDT.

I'm not in a position to determine what's reasonable there, though.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The combination of a number of things to make existence worthwhile."
"Yes, the philosophy of 'none,' meaning 'all.'"
	-- Spock and Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4