[U-Boot-Users] TI Davinci patches

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:11:11 CEST 2007

On 4/11/07, ksi at koi8.net <ksi at koi8.net> wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> As I can see nobody is interested in Davinci support and nobody's gonna at
> least review the patches I sent last week, right?

I am interested, but I am a bit conflicted.  We are shipping product
to a customer using a slightly modified version of the TI u-boot.  We
will probably track TI's versions (although they are quite old) as the
customer is fairly conservative.  I know some other people have ports,
too.  I would love to see a common patch set between your stuff and TI
and to get it all submitted as a baseline for further progress.

I would suggest to post some messages to this
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.davinci
mailing list and see if you can engage TI and other people with ports
and get a common code base started.

I would be willing to do some testing on a TI DVEVM board and on our
davinci boards.

> Please let me know what else should I do to get them into the main U-Boot
> tree. I want to share this with the rest of community and I do also want to
> avoid the hassle of reaplying my own set of patches every time new version
> is released...

Since this is for arm you can submit it to the arm maintainer, Peter
Pearse, but I would like to see an effort at consolidation.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.