[U-Boot-Users] Still trying to get a stable 2.6.20.4 running on 8349ITX evalboard

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Fri Apr 13 18:00:01 CEST 2007

> >Your patch didn't seem to make any difference so I'm going
> >spend the next
> >few days trying to figure out why (it may very well be that the memory
> >module we have in the board isn't a correct one for SPD to
> >work tho it's
> >what shipped in the board so I would expect it to be correct).
>
> Same thing for me, unfortunately.  I will also do my best to figure this
> out.
>    Thank you all!
>       Michael

Just an update, I've had the kernel up and running a continuos "find"
command for the last 11 hours using the hardcoded DDR memory controller
values, so there's definitely something wrong with using SPD and the
memory that's installed on my 8349itx board.  Still working on figuring
out spd_sdram().

I'll just float this out there in case anyone has a suggestion.
spd_sdram() runs (obviously) before the RAM is available.  So all my
variables are in the cache (which by the way is a really slick idea), but
I can seem to access those variables with the BDI or GDB.  I get a "Cannot
access memory at address 0xfd000ee8" message.  This message is a bit odd
to me since I'm "accessing" that memory location through the processor
itself, and I know the processor can access that memory, because it's
stack is also in the cache and it successfully boots therefore it can
access the memory.  So why can't I?  I'm sure it's some thing subtle that
I haven't yet learned about the 8349, but if any one could slap me up side
the head and point out the obvious that I'm missing I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bruce

This e-mail may contain SEL confidential information.  The opinions
expressed are not necessarily those of SEL.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
distribution or other use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender, permanently delete it, and destroy any
printout.

Thank you.