[U-Boot-Users] FDT for dynamic U-Boot configuration, startup

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Wed Apr 18 16:19:40 CEST 2007

Hello,

as already discussed, FDT is a good choice for dynamically configuring
U-Boot. I actually plan to use FDT to configure some devices of a
MPC823, namely PCMCIA, the LCD controller, CAN and the RTC. Are there
already some ideas on the related startup sequence and how to re-use the
FDT when booting Linux. I guess there will be a FDT address defined in
the config file, e.g. CFG_FDT_BASE and the FDT will then be read and
checked somewhere early in the init sequence (in lib_ppc/board.c).

Thanks for any input.

Wolfgang.