[U-Boot-Users] usb problem

kow9loon easter8 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:15:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

We have problems reading/writing from/to a USB NAND flash having a capacity
of 512 MB. What we dicovered was: up to a capacity of 128 MB, the operations
looked 'koche', thereafter, the system hanged. Our hardware setup are as
follows: (1) a MPC8544E CPU; (2) a ISP 1564 PCI-USB 2.0 Host Controller; (3)
a ST72681 Flash Driver Controller; and (4) a 512 MB Nand flash.

We also understand that support of the OHCI driver in U-boot is only limited
to support of "Mass Storage Device" class device, and rapid reading and
writing could post a potential problem. We deliberately slow down the
read/write traffic in an attempt to give some breathing rooms to the the
driver (and possibly to the controller). Unfortunately, our endeavors, thus
far, have only limited success. We would appreciate any comments that could
help us to dig our way out of this hole. Thank you.

 Regards,

Kow9loon