[U-Boot-Users] Spansion flash not detected by CFI driver

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Thu Apr 19 04:06:20 CEST 2007

Shiju Mathew wrote:
> Hello,
> Forwarding again since the initial mail didn't reach the mailing list.

I got your 2 other emails as well but I was unable to check the mails
yesterday...

> I have a spansion flash (S71WS256ND0BFWEP) on my board (Freescale imx31
> ADS).I use CFI driver with the below configuration. But I get the
> following error(debug message). Could someone help me to resolve the
> problem.
>
> #define CFG_FLASH_BASE 0xa0000000
> #define CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS 1
> #define CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT 128
This is not correct for your chip. You should have this set not less
than the total number of ease units (blocks) on your chip.

For what I could find on the net this chip seems to have the following
interesting geometry:

4 x 32kB
254 x 128kB
4 x 32kB

So, the total should be at least 4 + 254 + 4 = 262

Please fix this and provide the logs again...

Tolunay