[U-Boot-Users] Testing todays u-boot-fdt

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Thu Apr 19 10:58:17 CEST 2007

Hi Jerry,

I gave the fdtlib of your git://cideas.us/pub/scm/u-boot/u-boot-fdt.git
a try on my Icecube board. I got it built with the attached patch.
libfdt was actually not made and the second hunk fixes a warning
(=bug?). Then I was able to read and list a blob in memory:

=> fdt addr 20000
=> fdt print /

A few other things didn't work, especially updating the FDT:

=> fdt addr 20000 10000
libfdt: FDT_ERR_BADVERSION

=> fdt env
libfdt: FDT_ERR_BADVERSION
=> fdt bd_t
libfdt: FDT_ERR_BADVERSION
=> fdt chosen
libfdt: FDT_ERR_BADVERSION

=> fdt set /memory reg "<00000000 08000000>"
Usage:
fdt     - flattened device tree utility commands

And "fdt mknode" seems not to be implemented.

Am I doing something wrong?

Wolfgang.