[U-Boot-Users] Proposal for patch to configurenetwork parameters

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 21 02:31:17 CEST 2007

In message <02d201c783a5$a2a65240$01c4af0a at Glamdring> you wrote:

> No, I think you need to understand my situation.

I think I do. Been there, done that before.

> This configuration is only used at initial production to get access to the
> tftp server

There are easier ways to get there.

> They are not separated, both networking and environment are but examples
> on how you can use the patch.
> None of them are part of the patch.

In fact you can use this to modify U-Boot in arbitray  ways,  without
allowing  a user who looks at the source code to see what's going on.
If this is your intention, than the patch is evil, as  it  inherently
opens doors and gates for GPL violations.

I say no.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Brontosaurus Principle: Organizations  can  grow  faster  than  their
brains  can manage them in relation to their environment and to their
own physiology: when this occurs, they are an endangered species.
                                                - Thomas K. Connellan