[U-Boot-Users] Proposal for patch to configurenetwork parameters

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Sun Apr 22 23:27:17 CEST 2007

> Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>
>> No, I think you need to understand my situation.
>> I want to develop a building system which I can ship to multiple persons
>> Each person will need a customized set of environment variables.
>
> Is there a way to build an flash-able image that contains all the
> environment variables?  You could then take this image, write it to flash,
> and the next time U-Boot boots, it will have the new environment
> variables.
>
> (Frankly, though, I'm also having a hard time understanding what Ulf is
> saying).

Yes, I have a command "defenv" which will reinitialize a board to "factory
default" environment..

One of the environment variables "config" is a command which will download a
board specific configuration script
"autoscript.<board>" from the server and run it using "autoscr".
.
The board specific configuration can contain the real ethernet MAC address
and other stuff, but the default
environment .must set a prelmininary ethernet address to allow the server
communication to be set up.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson