[U-Boot-Users] [patch] Fix NC650 nand support

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Apr 23 15:00:17 CEST 2007

Hi Roy,

> On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 23:49, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> In message <m2irbr3wou.fsf at sowhat.denx.de> you wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> > while doing this noticed that the whole fixup only works because we
>> > have a maximum of one fixup entry (./drivers/tsi108_pci.c, I cannot
>> > find any user of addr_probe anywhere).
> Tsi108/9 pci config read will introduce a exception. I do not see other
> exception after code relocation.
>
>> Otherwise the sorting of the
>> > table is missing and thus the searching with a bisecting algorithm
>> > will not work as is.
> Why?

As I said, the search algorithm only works with a sorted table - just
what "sort_main_extable" does in Linux.  To be honest I did not look
too hard but I couldn't find anything similar in U-Boot so the table
will be unsorted and thus very likely fail if more entries are added.

So either sorting the table at some point or instead doing a linear
search would fix the problems.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
It's very important  that you sleep because that's  when your brain is
garbage  collecting.  And a  dream is  if you  are interrupted  in the