[U-Boot-Users] UBoot's terminal server

vvj viktor at abelectron.com
Tue Apr 24 12:33:14 CEST 2007

Dear Wolfgang,

I searched through latest (Uboot 1.2) doc folder, but did not find kind of
text you mentioned:
"...some  distributives  (Fedora Core 5 at least)..."

Also I recompiled Uboot to support NetConsole: I defined
CONFIG_NETCONSOLE
CFG_CMD_NET (in CONFIG_COMMANDS, wo it I had compiling errors)
CONFIG_NET_MULTI (wo it I had compiling errors)

The problem is that when I define CONFIG_NET_MULTI, Uboot does not
initialize network at startup -  I cant use tftp or any network related.
When I "run nc" - serial COM port shell dies, but do not see anything on
host (I tried SuSe now)

What are the criteria which defines whether board is capable of netconsole
or not?
What means CONFIG_NET_MULTI and why network stuff - eth_init(bd_t) - does
not launch when it is defined?

I have UBoot 1.1.2 from STlinux.com and 7100mboard

Best regards,

Viktor Volke