[U-Boot-Users] fdt addr should copy fdt out of flash

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Apr 24 21:42:10 CEST 2007

Timur Tabi wrote:
> Jerry Van Baren wrote:
>
>> The email addresses correspond to my day job, my night job, and I
>> subscribed to the u-boot list at home via gmail to control my email
>> clutter (I'm also subscribed to the u-boot list at my day job because
>> I'm an email junkie).
>
> So if I had to email you out-of-the blue about an FDT issue, which one
> should I use?

Well, it is hard to say... if you want the fastest response during the
day (Eastern TZ), the smiths-aerospace.com address will be the one, but
it will probably change sometime fairly soon...
<http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/2007/01/ge-buys-smiths-aerospace-for-48b/index.php>
(the deal is scheduled to close May 4).

The gvb.uboot at gmail is how I'm subscribed as at home, and that is
where I work on u-boot, but the response time will be less consistent.

CC:ing the list will generally be the fastest and most reliable.

>> "fdt addr" is to tell fdt where the blob is in memory.  If you want to
>> move it from flash to RAM, you need to use "fdt move".
>
> fdt move requires me to know how big the FDT is.  Is there any way you
> can have it figure out for me?

Yup, I'll add that as a desired enhancement.  The size should be
optional like it is with "fdt addr".

<http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/UBoot/UBootFdtInfo#ToDo>
Done (adding it to the ToDo list, that is).