[U-Boot-Users] Invoking Kernel from Uboot (fwd)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 2 07:58:32 CEST 2007

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:54:31 +0200
From:    Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
To:      "Yasothabalan Ramaswamy-TLS,Chennai" <yasothabalanr at hcl.in>
Subject: Re: Invoking Kernel from Uboot

Hello,

in message <CE54F2377C0FB8439A290BF5A88BF13D05704A8F at CHN-HCLT-EVS01.HCLT.CORP.H
CL.IN> you wrote:

> I am using UBoot as boot loader for MPC5200B board.

OK.

Can you please avoid adding all these many empty lines in your
messages? It makes reading your text a pain.

> >From the boot loader I have to transfer the control to the Kernel.
> (Fedora 6).

Fedora (Core) 6 is a  Linux  distribution,  not  a  kernel.  And  the
included  kernel tree is not suitable for a MPC5200B. So I don't know
what you mean.

> Please help me where I have to modify in the uboot code so that I can
> invoke the kernel or transfer the control from Uboot to kernel.

I cannot parse that. U-Boot has everything you need to boot  a  Linux
kernel.  No  modifications  are needed. I suggest you start and read
the manual.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.

------- End of Forwarded Message

AND STOP SPAMMING the list and me with more porstings of the same
question again and again.

Please RTFM instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.