[U-Boot-Users] AT91RM9200 USART3

Balajee Premraj balajee at a-k-a.net
Fri Aug 3 01:03:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

we are trying to bringup the USART3 of the AT91RM9200 cpu as the debug
console.

We extended the sources accordingly as it was done for USART0 and
USART1.

#ifdef CONFIG_USART3
        *AT91C_PIOA_PDR = AT91C_PIO_PA5 | AT91C_PIO_PA6;
        *AT91C_PIOA_BSR = AT91C_PIO_PA5 | AT91C_PIO_PA6; /* hardware is
connected on PA5 and PA6, so selecting the peripheral B functionality */
        *AT91C_PMC_PCER |= 1 << AT91C_ID_USART3;        /* enable clock
*/
#endif

After making the changes, we don't see the USART 3 working as expected,
we don't see any signals coming on the TXD and RXD ports

We started reading the registers, for some reason the PMC_PCER turns out
to be zero,

Is there anyone aware about any USART 3 related issues for AT91RM9200.

Thanks,Balajee