[U-Boot-Users] Microblaze: PULL request

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Aug 5 21:59:45 CEST 2007

In message <09ef01c7d773$283ff700$0500a8c0 at monstrone> you wrote:

> I thought please pull these changes to u-boot testing branch not to
> mainline.

u-boot-testing is just a step intomainlain. And pull requests normally
always get pulled into mainline.

So the same rules always apply.

> > I don't think I've seen any of these changes posted on the list for
> > review.  They need to be reviewed before being merged into mainline.
> > Especially considering that some of the changes touch common code (not
> > just microblaze).
>
> These files were send in ROMFS patch 23.June 07

And what about the other changes?

And what about the missing signed-off-by lines?

Because that and Grant's other comments I think it  would  be  a  bad
idea  to pull from the microblaze tree as it. I suggest you roll back
and re-add the stuff (with signed-off-by) after review on the mailing
list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The rule on staying alive as a program manager is to give 'em a  num-
ber or give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.