[U-Boot-Users] Booting Linux Kernel Image from NFS Server

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Mon Aug 6 18:56:32 CEST 2007

joemama wrote:
> Have a Ubuntu PC hosted NFS server that contains a Linux Kernel Image.
> I have an Atmel target board connected to the PC via ethernet. What
> should I set the U-Boot environment variables to to allow me to boot
> the kernel image into the target board? *Relevant Info:* Address of
> NFS server: 192.168.2.250 Location of image: /home/joe/nfs Name of
> image: uImage Thanks
For clarification, what do you mean by 'Linux Kernel Image'?  Is it just
a kernel, or a kernel + some kind of init file system (initrd etc.) or a
file system that you want to use over NFS?  If it's one of the first
two, you'd be better served by TFTP.

Also, try reading this:

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxNfsRoot

regards,