[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] TI DaVinci support, 2nd attempt [0/5]

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Tue Aug 7 06:43:23 CEST 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Zach Sadecki wrote:

> Sergey,
>  You mentioned in a previous post that you had a serial boot utility
> you wrote to get away from the C# one that TI has...  Did you write that
> in C?  Could you share it with the list, since it would be most helpful
> to those of us who work with Davinci boards.

It is partially in C and partially in Assembly. I would like to share it but
it is quite messy right now, code requires a good cleanup. Unfortunately I
don't have time right now, I'm extremely busy with bringing up prototype
boards that just came in... We're very short in time so I have to get them
up and running asap and give out a list of required changes and fixes for
the final prototypes and then go into production...

So I will do it later, when that pressure is somehow lessened...

Another thing is I don't know where it belongs. Just posting it to the list
will do little good, it must go into some repository or a product. I think
it would be OK to add various bootloaders to the U-Boot tree so people would
have all the means for bringing up their hardware from totally virgin state
but that requires cooperation, willinness to add yet another tree to the
U-Boot and decision on where it should go...

> Thanks for all your efforts with this port of u-boot.  It will be great
> to be able to move up to a clean, well written version.  I look forward
> to the NAND support especially, since the stuff in the TI supplied
> u-boot is almost 3 years old...

It is not just old, it is crappy and non-working :) And their I2C stuff is
absolutely bogus...

---