[U-Boot-Users] Can't boot uClinux image on mcf5329evb

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Tue Aug 7 17:32:56 CEST 2007

Hi again,

I just took the time to play a bit with this interrupt thing.

When commenting out the line as proposed by Aaron, the timer is (obviously) not running any
more. For me, this gives problems because the timeouts for e.g. FPGA programming can not
be checked any more.

I tried adding a line

disable_interrupts();

immediately before the jump to the kernel in lib_m68k/m68k_linux.c, but without success.
However, using

interrupt_init();

immediately before the call to theKernel(...) instead does the trick.

Is there any "generic" (not linux specific) place where such a call could/should be placed? It is
not necessary for me, but I guess a more generic solution would be helpful here. And we
should keep in mind that booting might fail at some place, so this call must not be placed at
any point where U-Boot is still able to continue due to a broken image or something.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

PS: I am sorry for not sending a patch - my tree is a bit of a mess right now, and I also did
      not really understand how git works, as you might have noticed from previous messages.