[U-Boot-Users] DaVinci serial boot utility, was: TI DaVinci support, 2nd attempt [0/5]

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 06:32:47 CEST 2007

ksi at koi8.net wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Zach Sadecki wrote:
>
>>Sergey,
>> You mentioned in a previous post that you had a serial boot utility
>>you wrote to get away from the C# one that TI has...  Did you write that
>>in C?  Could you share it with the list, since it would be most helpful
>>to those of us who work with Davinci boards.
>

> It is partially in C and partially in Assembly. I would like to share it but
> it is quite messy right now, code requires a good cleanup. Unfortunately I
> don't have time right now, I'm extremely busy with bringing up prototype
> boards that just came in... We're very short in time so I have to get them
> up and running asap and give out a list of required changes and fixes for
> the final prototypes and then go into production...
>
> So I will do it later, when that pressure is somehow lessened...

Maybe you can consider to send it as it is to
davinci-linux-open-source list, probably marked as 'experimental'? If
you like, then people can test, use and help to improve it. You know
this "release early, release often"? ;)

I could imagine to create a page in DaVinci wiki with howto use, list
of shortcomings and things to fix, then.

Best regards

Dirk