[U-Boot-Users] ppc4xx relocate_code what it does????

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 10 10:40:38 CEST 2007

In message <c656a4d20708100011j41606315xf4e8692c614c6288 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I just want to disable relocation because i want to run the uboot from ram
> and debug(BDI 2000).
>
> I tried like this i changed the TEXT_BASE to 0x1900000 (my ram is 32 Mb)

If you don't know U-Boot inside out and know *exactly* what you are
doing, you should keep your finger's off such intimate parts.

> But my u-boot code is failing to compile (I am using ELDK)
>
> please anybody help me

Please see FAQ # 1:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with
reality at any point."                          - Friedrich Nietzsche