[U-Boot-Users] interrupts in general / Fix for mcf5329evb - spurious interrupts on Linux/uClinux kernel boot

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Fri Aug 10 13:31:45 CEST 2007

Dear Wolfgang, Robert, and Tsi-Chung,

On 9 Aug 2007 at 23:31, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Robert,
>
> in message <46B91373.1090809 at alum.mit.edu> you wrote:
> >
> > I followed your most recent advice, and it works like a charm!  Thanks!
> >
> > Attached is a very small patch that implements the fix - when
> > CONFIG_MCF532x is defined, the timer interrupt is masked immediately
> > prior to calling into the kernel.  I don't know if this is the right way
[...]

is this considered the correct solution?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but should not interrupts be completely
disabled before transferring control to the linux kernel to avoid any confusion?

In this case, I think we should have a function doing this in cpu/.../interrupts.c
and call this function always befor control is transferred to the linux kernel.
Additionally, this would prevent additional #ifdefs, because the cpu specific
things would be handled in cpu/.../interrupts.c.

For mcf532x, interrupt_init() does exactly this, but this seems not the case
for mcf52x2, at least not for all the processors handled there.

Any comments of those having an overview over m68k?

Best regards,
Wolfgang