[U-Boot-Users] interrupts in general / Fix for mcf5329evb - spurious interrupts on Linux/uClinux kernel boot

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Aug 10 15:15:00 CEST 2007

On Friday 10 August 2007, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Please correct me if I am wrong, but should not interrupts be completely
> > disabled before transferring control to the linux kernel to avoid any
> > confusion?
>
> Right.

IIRC the function we are talking about here is do_bootm_linux() (m68k version)
which is called from the common do_bootm() function. Before calling
do_bootm_linux() the follwing code is called:

        /*
         * We have reached the point of no return: we are going to
         * overwrite all exception vector code, so we cannot easily
         * recover from any failures any more...
         */

        iflag = disable_interrupts();

So at the point of do_bootm_linux() the interrupts should already be off. If
this is not the case, then it is probably better to fix this in the
disable_interrupts implementation of the ColdFire.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de