[U-Boot-Users] Using 'ver' env var

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 14 21:03:51 CEST 2007

In message <1187115508.13869.19.camel at elrond.sweden.atmel.com> you wrote:

> The thread started with trying to solve the problem
> with U-Boot beeing downloaded from Linux and then written
> to the flash.

ACK.

> There is NOONE talking to the console after the reboot,
> and the assumption is that Linux has not updated the environment.

Right. Neither am I. You know that there are tools to write the
environment from Linux?

> Based on this: how do you sync the ver and the U-Boot version?

Just as posted before. The conversion from the U-Boot setenv  command
to  a fw_setenv shell command in Linux is left out as an exercise for
the reader.

> All your proposals are failing, since you assume that there
> is a gremlin somehwere which starts toggling RXD.

It seems whatever I write, how simple I may make it, you always  find
ways to misunderstand or misinterpret me.

I provided a solution. A known to be working one, btw.  I  hope  Zach
was able to follow my example. If you can't I can't help it.

Over and out.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Common sense and a sense of humor  are  the  same  thing,  moving  at
different speeds.  A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
                                                        - Clive James