[U-Boot-Users] RAMDisk on MPC5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 18 02:47:43 CEST 2007

In message <9e4733910708171458j638b27c8rb7cca7e0ade7ecc1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Who is requesting the RAMDisk be loaded, is this coming from the
> kernel or u-boot? Since I am booting from a NFS root I don't need a

Who is entering the commands?

> RAMdisk so I want to turn this off.  I'm using OSELAS MPC5200-tiny-5
> to build but I'll switch to another environment if needed to work
> around this.
>
> uboot> run bcmd_net

And now you expect that we guess what "bcmd_net"  might  be  on  your
system,  and  all teh other relevant environment settings? I'm afraid
my crystal ball is in dire need of an ectoplasmic upgrade. :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Why don't you have a Linux partition installed so you can be  working
in  a  programmer-friendly environment instead of a keep-gates'-bank-
account-happy one? :-)                            -- Tom Christiansen