[U-Boot-Users] USB OHCI support for PXA270 - no device found

stefano babic sbabic at denx.de
Sat Aug 18 21:53:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a PXA270 based board and it is required the support for USB
Storage in u-boot. I have merged the USB files for pxa27x from the
usb-testing repository (drivers/usb_ohci.c, cpu/pxa/usb.c, usb.h) and
the host controller is correctly initialized, reporting no error.

However, no devices are found. After some investigation I have seen that
the hub does not provided the power supply to the devices.

In the code the Root Hub Descriptor registers (UHCRHDA/UHCRHDB) are not
initialized. I set the UHCRHDA and everything works fine.

It seems to me that the job to enable/disable ports is let to the board
initialization code (usb_board_init()), even if I have not found any
board setting them.

However, access to the UHCRHDA register is the same for all boards
having this CPU - it could be done in the cpu/pxa/usb.c file. There is
already a #define (CFG_USB_OHCI_MAX_ROOT_PORTS), that can be used to set
the required number of ports for each board.

Has somebody discovered the same problems (hub initialized, but no
devices founded) ? How do you manage it ?

Thanks,
stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de