[U-Boot-Users] omap2420h4 error

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Sun Aug 19 22:24:33 CEST 2007

That was fixed a while back but the patch was pulled.  I had like many other older ports had done cloned a generic flash file and made it private.  This allowed sibley addition and other fixes.  At that time WD objected and not much has happened since then.  H4 and 2430SDP support many many different memories configurations across their versions.  Providing support for them all in the generic areas requires a good amount of clean up.

This leaves a few approaches with functionality and time/effort as variables.

- Provide support for 1 of the 10 configuration very neatly with minimal effort (only allow 10% of users to work).
- Provide all 10 neatly with high effort (works for 98%).
- Provide all 10 functioning not so neatly but confining it to the board port directory (works for 98%).

Our own port structure now makes omap242x and 243x boards common in several spots and has omap34xx in places.  None of this is reflected in the public git code.

If Peter is up to a big diff we might sync them all up to a point where they are all including and booting.  Doing it in many patches would probably be unproductive.

Further clean up perhaps with what Nishant was saying could also happen.

I'm happy to allocate a couple days and make them work in the quick method but that might not be the path which goes in...  Giving days is do-able weeks is not right now.  If others have time then perhaps there are some other options.

Regards,
Richard W.