[U-Boot-Users] u-boot -> Linux prompt assistance

Alfred Manheim alfman at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 05:40:19 CEST 2007

I have u-boot running and am currently working on the Linux prompt. I store
uImage at ffd00000. u-boot is at fff00000.

* The Freescale BSP for the MPC8360 was used for the base. u-boot
1.1.6 and Linux 2.6.19 are the versions selected and reported.
* u-boot is running at the prompt and seems stable for u-boot functionality.
* Enabling the 64M of DDR2 memory was quite an endeavor but it appears
stable today. Nothing shows up with the basic u-boot memory test, and there
are no crashes using the normal u-boot functions. i-cache is enabled. Memory
problems have not been fully ruled out. Any suggestions on how to validate
the memory better?
* Linux (~2.6.19) is compiled with no changes at this point.

Executing "bootm ffd00000" results in a transfer to Linux that (due to the
CodeWarrior USB TAP?) I can follow the code up to the RFI in head_32.S. It
looks like it is executing farther than that. I have attached a dump of the
memory found at log_buf. Also attached is System.map.

My interpretation of the stack dump suggests that start_here is successfully
executing in high memory and the crash is within MMU_init. The crashes that
follow would seem to be as much a result of this first problem.

Any suggestions or observations about this crash would be appreciated.

Alfred Manheim