[U-Boot-Users] Booting the Linux image via nfs

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Mon Aug 27 16:28:59 CEST 2007

Mirek23 wrote:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
>               Thank you for your answer. I understand that it is possible to
> load linux image by means of nfs.
> I have checked with program ethereal that is uses the UDP protocol. Is it
> possible to force nfs (in u-boot 1.2.0) to use tcp instead?
>
> Best Regards
> Mirek

Hi Mirek,

TCP is not supported presently, and not very likely in the future.  TCP
takes a *lot* more effort than UDP and is not currently supported by u-boot.

It is possible to add TCP support to u-boot (when you have the source,
nearly anything is possible), but it is very unlikely due to the level
of complexity -- the benefit vs. effort ratio is very poor.

Best regards,
gvb