[U-Boot-Users] Booting the Linux image via nfs

Miroslaw Dach miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Mon Aug 27 16:49:24 CEST 2007

Hi Ben,

	I have configured tftp server and there is no problem to load
uImage but I was just wandering if it is also possible to use nfs since my
aim is to mount root file system via nfs so I thought that it would be
just easier to deal with one server (I mean nfs) than with two nfs and
tftp.

Best Regards

Mirek

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Ben Warren wrote:

> Mirek,
>
> Mirek23 wrote:
> > Hello Wolfgang,
> >
> >               Thank you for your answer. I understand that it is possible to
> > load linux image by means of nfs.
> > I have checked with program ethereal that is uses the UDP protocol. Is it
> > possible to force nfs (in u-boot 1.2.0) to use tcp instead?
> >
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Mirek
> >

> If you have an NFS server at your disposal, why not get it to serve TFTP
> as well? It's sooooo easy.
>
> regards,
> Ben

          Miroslaw Dach (Miroslaw.Dach at psi.ch) - SLS/Controls Group
                PSI - Paul Scherrer Institut CH-5232 Villigen