[U-Boot-Users] Booting the Linux image via nfs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 27 18:00:40 CEST 2007

Dear Ben,

in message <46D2EBBC.6020100 at qstreams.com> you wrote:

> Yeah, it sounds like a nice idea to use the same protocol for
> everything, but another way of looking at it is to use the protocol
> that's best-suited for the job. TFTP was designed to efficiently move
> large blocks of data in one direction. NFS was designed with very

I disagree here, both on the "large blocks" and on the "efficiently".

Remember that the initial 'T' in TFTP standas for TRIVIAL.

The design criteria were "as simple as possible and yet robust"

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
READ THIS BEFORE OPENING PACKAGE: According to Certain Suggested Ver-
sions of the Grand Unified Theory, the Primary Particles Constituting
this Product May Decay to Nothingness Within the  Next  Four  Hundred
Million Years.