[U-Boot-Users] PATCH - Gateworks Avila (Xscale IXP42x) support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 29 01:04:33 CEST 2007

In message <C2CB8ACB.C3FA%ranjit at kenati.com> you wrote:
> I've tried to search the mailing list but was unable to do so. I am assuming
> that this board has no support at the momemt.
>
> What is Avila ?
> ===============
> This is an affordable Xscale development platform as well as a usable,
> off-the-shelf Wireless AP/Router platform.
>
> This platform is based on the IXDP425 but has some minor differences most of
> which are contained in the config file. This board has its own mach-type
> defined by Linux so I've added that to board/ixdp425/ixdp425.c and also put
> in the board information string.

I don't think it is a good idea to add lots of #ifdefs for another
board in some board specific file.

There are different  boards,  so  they  should  have  separate  board
specific  files. If you find larger parts of common code, please feel
free to factor this out.

As is, I don't want to accept this patch for the publich U-Boot tree.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What is wanted is not the will to believe,  but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite.
		        -- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical Essays", 1928