[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 problems flashing virgin custom 8548 board

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 23:28:20 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, Ben Warren <bwarren at qstreams.com> wrote:
> robert lazarski wrote:
> > atum8548>erase 00000000
> > # Writing to workspace failed
> >
> Workspace is RAM.  If your memory controller isn't set up, you can't use
> the workspace.  From your config file it looks like you're planning on
> using some kind of cache for SRAM.  I'd just skip this for now.  Delete
> the WORKSPACE line and you should be able to write to flash.  It'll be
> dog-slow, though.

Thanks! I commented out the cache settings. Now I'm getting closer. I getting:

atum8548>unlock
Unlocking flash passed
atum8548>erase 0
Erasing flash at 0x00000000
# Erasing flash memory failed
atum8548>erase FF000000
Erasing flash at 0x00000000
# Erasing flash memory failed
atum8548>erase 0x01000000
Erasing flash at 0x01000000
# Erasing flash memory failed

What chip do you have? What did you start erasing?

> > This is of course probably due to my bdi2000 cfg file - I've annexed
> > it in this email. I've tried to keep the file bare bones though this
> > is my first time writing this config. I've got one flash bank, a 128MB
> > spansion S29GL01GP . Here's my flash #DEFINE's :
> >

> For my 64Mb Spansion GL flash I use:
>
> CHIPTYPE    MIRRORX16   ;Flash type: Spansion
> CHIPSIZE    0x800000    ;The size of one flash chip in bytes
> BUSWIDTH    16          ;The width of the flash memory bus in bits (8 |
> 16 | 32 | 64)
>
> Yours will probably be the same, but size will be 0x1000000.  I'm
> assuming your flash is 128Mb and not 128MB, but I apologize if this is
> wrong.

That makes sense - I'm trying that but got the erase errors above. Any
more ideas?

Thanks!
Robert