[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 problems flashing virgin custom 8548 board

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:20:37 CEST 2007

On 8/30/07, Ben Warren <bwarren at qstreams.com> wrote:
> robert lazarski wrote:

> > Thanks Ben and all. I really do have 1Gb / 128MB of flash - here's
> > some quick docs:
> >
> > http://www.spansion.com/products/S29GL01GP.html
> >

> You're right. Sorry about that.
> >
> > CHIPSIZE    0x128000    ;The size of one flash chip in bytes
> >
> CHIPSIZE 0x8000000

Did you mean to say I should have 'CHIPSIZE 0x8000000' ? Is 0x128000
for 1Gb (128MB) not correct? I tried that but still get the same
error.

> Whenever I use the erase command, I specify the sector size and the
> number of sectors to erase.
> Have you tried:
>
> erase 0xf8000000 0x20000 1 (erase 1 sector sized 128kB)

Tried that:

atum8548>erase 0xf8000000 0x20000 1
# Erasing flash memory failed

I think my unlocking is incorrect...

> Can you read from the chip using the mdh command? Everything should be

No, I get:
atum8548>mdh
# SAP: read access failed

> 0xFFFF. You can also try unlocking the chip manually. For my chip the
> sequence is:
>
> ; Enable flash programming
> WM16 0xfe000000 0x0060 ;clear flash lock-bits
> WM16 0xfe000000 0x00d0
> DELAY 1000
> WM16 0xfe000000 0xffff
>
> I haven't looked at the memory map of your chip, but it may be different.

I tried that to no effect - will be looking at docs to confirm mine is
the same later today.

> Another fun thing to do is to try querying the chip's CFI registers to
> see if it responds. This is documented in section 12.2 of the Spansion spec.

I'll look at that too - thanks for the help!
Robert