[U-Boot-Users] M5282EVB flash boot status

James Stewart jstewart at teradici.com
Fri Aug 31 21:05:46 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Pardon my newb-ness, just getting ramped up on embedded cpu stuff, it's
been a while ;)

I thought I would check at the source, what is the status of u-boot with
regards to starting from flash on the M5282EVB board? Is the pre-loader
still required? If so, how do I incorporate the loader.bin file I
downloaded off this mailing list (from here
http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2003-December/023384.ht
ml) with the u-boot.bin? objcopy or something like that?

I hacked around a little bit with undefining the
CONFIG_MONITOR_IS_IN_RAM and changing the TEXT_BASE field etc to
0xFFE00000 but didn't have a lot of success. I've been looking at the
u-boot.lds file, and the "XXX FIXME XXX" doesn't look promising.. Has
there been any fixes/updates done on that?

Any and all info enabling me to get this booting from the flash would be
most appreciated!

Regards,
James