[U-Boot-Users] Problems with usb storage devices on MPC5200 /TQM5200

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Mon Dec 3 13:49:10 CET 2007

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> wd at denx.de wrote on Monday, November 19, 2007 4:54 PM:
> > In message
> > <47F3F98010FF784EBEE6526EAAB078D1024F87DE at tq-mailsrv.tq-net.de> you
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I have to admit, that I never tested the TQM5200 (nor any other
> > > MPC5200 board) with the generic OHCI driver before. So I could not
> > > tell, if it worked ever with the generic driver.
> >
> > We tested it, of course - with the hardware that is available to us.
> >
> > Which means on pre-Rev. B CPU only. [I wish TQ would finally
> > understand what it means NOT to provide current hardware.]
> >
> > > For the test with the current U-Boot I used three different memory
> > > sticks, which always worked with the old cpu specific OHCI driver.
> > > None of it worked with the generic driver :(.
> >
> > I guess you use Rev. B silicon? Could you please try it on an old
> > board?
>
> I think I tested it on both versions. But I'm not sure. I will
> repeat the test on an old board.

I repeated the test with an old TQM5200 board (v1.2 MPC5200 cpu).
Unfortunately with the same results. USB sticks are not working:

U-Boot 1.3.0 (9a337ddc154a10a26f117fd147b009abcdeba75a)
TQM5200_config

U-Boot 1.3.0 (Dec  3 2007 - 12:57:43)

CPU:   MPC5200 v1.2, Core v1.1 at 396 MHz
       Bus 132 MHz, IPB 132 MHz, PCI 66 MHz
Board: TQM5200 (TQ-Components GmbH)
       on a STK52xx carrier board
I2C:   85 kHz, ready
DRAM:  128 MB
FLASH:  4 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   FEC ETHERNET
POST i2c PASSED
POST cpu PASSED
IDE:   Bus 0: not available
VGA:   SMI501 (Voyager) with 8 MB
PS/2:  No device found
Kbd:   reset failed, no ACK

Type "run flash_nfs" to mount root filesystem over NFS

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=> usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT

      USB device not responding, giving up (status=20)
2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
=> usb info
1: Hub,  USB Revision 1.10
 -  OHCI Root Hub
 - Class: Hub
 - PacketSize: 8  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x0000  Product 0x0000 Version 0.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Self Powered 0mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1
     - Class Hub
     - Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 2 Interval 255ms

   Configuration: 0
   - Interfaces: 0 Bus Powered 0mA

=> usb reset
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT

      USB device not responding, giving up (status=20)
2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
=>

I repeated the test with some older U-Boot versions (with the
generic OHCI driver), but on neither USB sticks are working :(

Best Regards,
Martin Krause