[U-Boot-Users] u-boot TEXT_BASE relocatable

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 4 08:27:22 CET 2007

In message <14143068.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I have my u-boot for ARM926Ejs...
> And there are two DDR banks. The problem is I want to be able to run u-boot
> from both the banks...

Oops? U-Boot will (if configured properly) map all banks of RAM as a
single contiguous memory area and use it all.

> Reason? I need to do DDR testing (so need to change the offset values at
> times in the control registers of the DDR)...
> So if u-boot runs from Bank A, I can test Bank B, but as soon as I try and
> change control register of Bank A...my system crashes or resets...

Sounds as if you don't present us all information.  Normally,  i.  e.
when  booting from NOR flash, U-Boot does the RAM testing while still
running from flash, i. e. before relocation.

You sound as if U-Boot was not booting from flash  memory,  but  from
some  sort of storage device like NAND or data flash. In this case it
is the responsibility of the bootstrap loader which sets  up  RAM  to
test it before using it.

> ------=_Part_54830_4138933.1196732954043

And NEVER post HTML here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There's only one kind of woman ..." "Or man, for  that  matter.  You
either believe in yourself or you don't."
	-- Kirk and Harry Mudd, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1