[U-Boot-Users] neo1973 uboot details

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Dec 5 09:12:54 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 08:35:30AM -0400, Jerry Van Baren wrote:
> Hi Tiju,
>
> I don't believe the neo1973 project has been accepted into the mainline
> u-boot repository.  You need to use the openmoku sources.

yes, that is true.  We have quite invasive changes which I hoped to
avoid, and I'm still merging and catching up with mainline uboot. The
kernel patchset is much cleaner, since it's much easier to integrate new
code without touching too much existing core/infrastructure.

But now the time has come, I'm about to restructure the patches and will
try to submit those parts of our patchset which I am not too embarrassed
to submit soon.

Many of them are not neo1973 related, but general updates to the quite
outdated s3c24xx code inside u-boot.  Is there anyone officially maintaining that
s3c24xx code?  I noticed that there now is an u-boot ARM maintainer, but
I'm not aware of any cpu specific maintainer so far.

Stay tuned.