[U-Boot-Users] Problems with usb storage devices on MPC5200 /TQM5200

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Fri Dec 7 13:24:15 CET 2007

Hi,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure whether that's the same problem but with my u-boot (a bit
> older though) the usb stuff works with sticks <= 256MB only! I tried
> several sticks of size >= 512MB and they don't work. BTW my hardware
> is TQM5200 based (pre B) also.

I used Sticks <= 256 MiB for testing.

> Maybe that explains why it worked for denx but not for TQ.

Hm, I'm skeptic. Do you know wich OHCI driver is used in your
U-Boot? The newer generic one or the older mpc52xx specific?
IFAIK the generic one is used since U-Boot v1.3.0-rc3. I only had
problems with the generic one. No stick I tested does work with
this driver - but I haven't tested sticks >= 512 MiB, though.

Best Regards,
Martin Krause