[U-Boot-Users] What do I do if fdt_setprop() returns -FDT_ERR_NOSPACE?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Sat Dec 8 03:44:25 CET 2007

Jerry Van Baren wrote:

> I would try 0x4000 and see if it works. :-)

I increased it to 0x8000 and it still didn't work.  Something else must be
wrong.  I noticed that no one else calls fdt_setprop_string().  Could you
please try using it yourself and see if you can get it to work?

Another possibility is that I'm creating the 'firmware' node wrong.  I'm tryin
to create a new node called 'firmware' under the 'qe' node, and put some new
properties in it.  I think my call to fdt_add_subnode() is right, because
/proc/device_tree shows it:

/proc/device-tree/qe at e0100000 # ls -l firmware/
-r--r--r--    1 root     root            9 Nov 12 20:34 name

I'm using the return value from fdt_add_subnode() as the second parameter to
fdt_setprop_string().  Is that right?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale