[U-Boot-Users] RFC: New U-boot image format

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 14 07:17:41 CET 2007

In message <4761B528.3080601 at semihalf.com> you wrote:

> > I vote for capturing it git as a text document equivalent to
> > booting_without_of.txt (fdt_images.txt?).
>
> I mentioned wiki as it's easier to update and work with, but I am fine
> with the git txt as well.
>
> > (Do we need a [Dd]ocumentation subdirectory?)
>
> Not sure, there is a doc directory which contains board README files.
> And there is a (quite large) README file that documents a lot of U-boot
> internals. I guess we may want to hear Wolfgang's opinion?

My immediate response was to saet up a wiki page; actually I  already
started  converting  your  proposal  to such a page, but I dropped it
when I saw the request for a file that goes with the source tree,  as
this makes sense for me, too.

In other words: I can  live  with  both  options.  In  the  end,  the
document  should be available with the source tree, so we may as well
start this way.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images.
- Jean Cocteau